If you are currently familiar with poker hands it will not be long before you get video poker. The online games play like this:
- Placing a wager is easy, simply put coins in the machine. But remember, in order to draw cards a bet must be placed and cannot change after the start of a game.
- After betting, push the button labelled “Draw/Deal” and this will bring up your cards.
- It’s now time to choose which cards you want by holding them, which you would do by pushing the “hold/cancel” button. If you change your mind and wish not to keep a card put on hold, press the button again and it will cancel your choice.
- The screen will flash “hold” under held cards, thus confirming that you have chosen the ones you want.
- Push the draw/deal button once again to get new cards to replace the ones not held.
- A payout will occur if your hand wins and then the game is started once again.
Cards will not regularly be placed in order when on the screen. The video poker games will then let you know of any hands or potential hands that could have been played.
These hands are winners, from top to bottom, the best to the worst:
Royal Flush An Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of identical suit is a Royal Flush, and is the most valued hand in poker.
Straight Flush The number two hand in poker is the straight flush. It consists of five cards of the same suit, in order. An ace count as a low card in these cases. Example: A, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Four of a Kind Four cards the same with one odd card is four of a kind. Example: Q, Q, Q, Q, 3.
Full House Three cards of one value, and two of another is a full house. Example: J, J, J, 4, 4.
Flush If all of the cards in your hand are of the identical suit, but not in order, it’s a flush. Example: 4 of Clubs, 5 of Clubs, 7 of Clubs, Queen of Clubs, and Ace of Clubs
Straight Five cards in order of value, but not all of the same suit, is a straight hand. Example: Ace of Diamonds, 2 of Clubs, 3 of Hearts, 4 of Clubs, and 5 of Spades
Three of a Kind Two different cards with three of the same in one hand make up three of a kind. Example: 7, 7, 7, A, 2.
Two Pair Two cards of identical rank is a pair. One odd card with two pairs equals a two pair hand. Example: 6, 6, 7, 7, 2.
One Pair (Jacks or better) Only pairs of Queens, Kings, Aces, or Jacks can pay off in video poker.